Re: draft announcement for 1.2 in french

Hello,

Please ppl, dont read this, if you think u r not interested in a few last
minute non-constructive critics. I realy have tried to keep wuit on that
topic, but.. well..

> the only reason why you do not see this in Germany, is because
> comparative advertising is forbidden by law in Germany.

Yes, thats right... but..

I realy think we dont should copy those bad habbits of commercial companies
for our 'product'. Those Press Releases are highly unusuable Advertising
Blah, and there is no need for them. I think the only place wehre a
responsible Journalist would put those Release annoncements is the paper
basket. (Well, I know that there are a lot of good points in the debian
announce, only the geenral sound makes me wonder..)

If you give Newspapers, Journalists and others valuable Information is
enough. This will work in every country, not only in germany. I dont see the
need to convince anybody with nifty phrases. _We dont need that, we are
better!_ We convince by quality.

I shudder if I look at the latest install reports, the bug database or my
experience and read the press release. We COULD efford to be honest..

Anyway.. sorry to pick that topic up. Perhaps its my poor little hacker soul
bashing suits attitute.

In Germany we are rather well served with very user friend distribution.
Including Dos/Windows tools to boot and select the right kernel with
autoprobing (SuSe for example, or LST). Fullscreen dialogs for
formating/partioning/selecting and installing. _I_ would prefer Debian any
time, but I will be carefull by recommending it to beginners (still). And
this is no critic at the work of the developers, but only a pleae to be a
little more realistic in the announce.  And I dont exclude myself I know
some work of me is missing (take uucp, rex is not "all ELF").

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wittumstrasse13.76646Bruchsal.de --