About shutting Debian down.

I have read all the messages about this, and I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

My history with debian is a short one, but in that short time I have been
able to converse with the big names (the g'dolei ha'dor in hebew) of the
linux community.

I have been able to build packages that have been able
to make it into the main distribution with my name on it.  This wouldn't
be possible in any other distribution.

Debian has been able to foster a tightly knit community of developers that
care about delivering a high quality system.  It's not just for the
developers, when I was "newbie" I felt something different on debian-user
than I had recieved in other places.

I am most likely not going to have much to do with debian after this
summer, for at least a year.  I am going to be spending the next school
year in Israel for religous studies.  However, I will be very
sad/upset/disappointed if the debian project is no more.  It has provided
me a lowly high school student with the ability to take part in a world
wide effort to make the best linux distribution.

I have listened to the arguments that their have been on debian-devel and
have learnt about security, how to get a distribution out on time :-),
and I have seen that even though the arguments have gotten pretty heated
at times they have awalys been a machloket shel mitzvah (an argument for
the sake of the good (instead of just arguing) and wrent character
assaniations).

Debian is a GREAT distribution, and IMHO should continue to exist.

Shaya
--
Shaya Potter
spotter@itd.nrl.navy.mil