Re: Coexistance of kbd and svgatextmode...

I got some mail on this as well. I am not quite sure why kdb would need
svgatextmode. Can you not simply drop the dependency?

If people want additional fonts/resolutions then they need to install
svgatextmode and then a change of the video mode can be expected.

If we need to keep the dependency then I could probably make svgatextmode
install without activating itself. Right now it activates a different
screen mode with VGA compatibility which I expect to work on all systems.
But if the VGA settings of the kernel are changed with the vga= boot
parameter then the new mode may not work.
I am still not convinced that this is reason enought to abandon automatic
activation though. Otherwise the user has to do a lot of fiddling around
before getting anything useful out of the package.