Re: mc gpm and libgpm1

Good day Dale!

> While testing out the new base disks I just built (and will upload as soon
> as I can get to master) I installed mc to make life easier...saw the
> expected "can't load libgpm1...", installed gpm and still got the
> error..., poked around and found libgpm1 which, when installed, fixed the
> problem (as one would expect). Gpm seems to be static linked to
> libgpm1...certainly doesn't show up on ldd, and the binary is located in

No. gpm deosn't need libgpm.

libgpm is the user interface that make clients aware of mice.

gpm is the daemon that the kernel corresponds to

> /usr/sbin. Now, if I stretch my imagination I can see why some would want
> it in /usr/sbin which also resolves the static vs dynamic link issue. But
> the mc problem has been around as long as I can remember. Is there some
> reason this issue has not been resolved in the depends list?

Hmm, gpm could be listed in the Suggests list of mc.

Joey

--
  / Martin Schulze  *  joey@infodrom.north.de  *  26129 Oldenburg  /
 / If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country /

--
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.