Re: Repost + New suggested additions: WebStandard 3.0 Proposal

> 4. Perhaps Joost could add to his menu tool the capability to generate a
>    file /var/www/menu.html so that Web Applications can register
>    themselves into a menu.

Ok, I'd like to do that. First, I need some ideas about the html
file the menu-method is going to generate.

How about something like this (the real look of this file will be
very configurable in /etc/menu-methods/dwww, but if people can tell
me a _much_ better _default (not a shiny, personalised browser-optimised
version, but I guess just basic stuff).

BTW, I don't even think I'll have to modify the menu-package, I'll
just have to make a /etc/menu-methods/dwww file that should probably
go in dwww (or some other package, but maybe the menu package is
the best place)

Ideas welcome!

Proposal for the look of the overall debian documentation page:

<TITLE>Debian Package Documentation</TITLE>

<BODY>
<BR>

<h1> Debian Package Documentation </h1>
<ul>
</ul>

<hr>

<h1> <a name="/Debian/Apps"> Apps</A></h1>

<ul>
</ul>

<hr>
<h1> <a name="/Debian/Apps/Maths">Maths</a></h1>
<ul>
</ul>

<hr>
<h1> <a name="/Debian/Apps/Viewers"> Viewers</a> </h1>
<ul>
<li><A href="file:/usr/doc/gv/gv.html">GhostView</a>
</ul>
</BODY>

<comment
For example, the gv package, would install a menu file with:
  dwww Apps/Viewers gv none GhostView /usr/doc/gv/gv.html
in it (allong with the other "executable" menu entry).

--
joost witteveen
            joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl