Re: So nobody wants to see Debian/MIPS ?!?!?

On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Mike Neuffer wrote:

> Yesterday I posted a mail from the main Linux/MIPS developer
> who wanted to know wether he should support RedHat or Debian.
>
> So far ONLY ONE developer of almost two hundered which have an account on
> master has send him a mail......

Come on guys, I think I have to agree with Mike.  Am I the only one who
took the time out to send a simple e-mail.  I don't have a MIPS machine,
but that wasn't what he was asking, he wanted to give his
mini-distribution to one of the major players.  We would get the
developers for it once it was Debian'anized.  All the people who use MIPS
might even come over since there seems to be no major distribution for MIPS.

> I personally think this is a disaster.
>
> If people here don't get there act together he will start a RedHat/MIPS
> distribution and Debian/MIPS will go down the drain.

I agree, all Mike was asking was for us to jot down a small e-mail and
tell him why he should choose Debian.

A few things you might want to mention.

	How easy it is to role your packages the debian way, he likes the
	fact that he has customized his intel system to his personal
	needs, tell him that this can easily be done with Debian and how.

	Someone should explan to him the philisophical differences b/w
	Debian and Red Hat to him better than I could.  He seems to think
	that b/c Red Hat distributes thing like RPM under the GPL, it's a
	pretty "free" distribution.

	He seems to like Chinese food, can't hurt to recomend good places
	to eat it if he is every any place. :-)

Shaya