To those complaining they do not have MIPS hardware....

>From dom@algor.co.uk Tue Jan 28 10:05:39 1997
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 97 12:12:49 GMT
From: Dom Sweetman <dom@algor.co.uk>
To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: hardware free to productive linux hackers.

[Resending - many apologies if you have had this message before, but
 I still haven't had it sent back to me from the list]

We have some P-4032 boards returned from a customer who's finished
their development, and I'd be happy to give some away in the hope of
getting some software ported.  I guess we could make up to three
available to Linux people.

Just to remind you, the P-4032 consists of:

o Vr4300-133 CPU (a full R4x00 instruction set, FP and MMU).
o two regular PCI bus slots.
o Ethernet, SCSI, 2xRS232, Centronics, Keyboard, NVRAM/Calendar all
  onboard.

Full details on our web site (www.algor.co.uk) or just download the
manual (postscript) and print it.

We can supply or point you at sample drivers for all the onboard
devices.

Are you a candidate for this self-interested generosity?  The choice
will depend on questions like this:

o I guess the more experienced hackers would get Linux up and running
  with perhaps 10-20 days effort.  Can you get to within a factor of
  three of this?

o Do you have some 'leisure' available to devote to this project?

o Do you have a specific interest in 'embedded' features? eg diskless
  operation, operation with remote console, operation (including reboot)
  with unpredictable levels of attention...

Let me know.

Dominic Sweetman                phone: +44 171 700 3301
Algorithmics Ltd                home:  +44 171 226 0032
3 Drayton Park                  fax:   +44 171 700 3400
London N5 1NU                   email: dom@algor.co.uk
ENGLAND.                        www:   http://www.algor.co.uk