Re: RFC: Proposal for signed packages

Let's do it that way. This is fully transparent for existing packages
and only requires Guy to change his moving stuff into the
distribution. We should generate a DEBIAN PGP signature and sign every
package with the private key. The public key can be stored in
/usr/doc/debian for verification. Future dpkg releases could check for
this signature.