Re: publicity ...

> > would then be in favor of calling it "hurd".  In any case, it
>
> It might then be something like "Debian GNU/Hurd", I expect.
>

> MfG Kai

Anyone interested in dressing up the home page with this kind of
explnation of the name, etc.?  I think someone had posted a URL
of an alternate Debian home page a short while ago.  If I
remember correctly, people liked it.  Perhaps this person would
be willing to continue to deveop this?  We could have something
visually appealing that explains that Debian is the project, GNU
is the system and Linux is the kernel its currently based on.
This should be done creatively though, so it doesn't look like a
man page ;-)  It may be too early to mention things like Debian
GNU/win32 or Debian GNU/hurd, of course.

Thanks

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com
011-81-3-3437-7967 - Tokyo, Japan

Bear Stearns is not responsible for any recommendation, solicitation, offer or
agreement or any information about any transaction, customer account or account
activity contained in this communication.