Re: regarding the three "Enough!" messages forwarded to debian-private.

On Sun, 9 Mar 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I'm loathe to have those three messages go to the debian-private list
> without context, however it probably doesn't make any sense to continue
> the argument.
>
> The messages were regarding my decision to designate Pete Templin as
> our mailing list maintainer rather than have the task performed by a
> comittee, which was the alternate proposed by Christoph Lameter.
>
> Hopefully we have better things to argue about. I know we definitely
> have more important problems to deal with.

It was my understanding that this fell into the area of "day to day
opperations" and that as such you (Bruce) are totally responsible for
those decissions without the need to seek reasurance from the board that
your actions are "approved". The board has nothing to say about these
activities unless they need to be defined in the constitution (a degree of
detail that I hope we don't attempt to work toward).

Later,

Dwarf