Re: Use of GNU/FSF Web Style for www.debian.org [was: Re: homepage on www.debian.org]

> Hm. It's not clear how much of the GNU Web style sheet applies to
> us.  Some of it seems like good ideas, but we should have the
> freedom to separate the wheat of this document from the chaff.  A
> lot of it is about what they will not link to (providers of any
> non-free software, etc.). Then they say they want to use HTML 2.0,
> which means no tables, doesn't it? Then they say they want all pages
> to use absolute links, to make it easier to paste them between
> documents. I'm not sure that's a good idea at all. And so on...

Yes, you are right, so then let's start from that.  I am willing to work
on it, but only if i need not do all the work.  The idea of having a
group of webmasters is something i like.

In the meanwhile i have taken the liberty to convert the Debian Homepage
according to the GNU guidelines.  Please have a look at it:

  http://www.uni-mainz.de/~kubla/Debian/

BTW. The logo was picked up at SSC. Where did that originate?  I like it!

Dominik
The text above represents my personal opinion and does not represent the
official position of my employer on the issue(s) discussed.
Any official statement made on behalf of my employer by me is marked as such.