CDE

[CC Roell@xinside.com]

Various folks have been reporting problems with CDE. It seems from
the reports I'm getting that

a) 	AccelX were told about it in their version in December
b)	The bug is now well known in the community

The reports are that a CDE login gets put in the root group as well as the
correct groups. That is to say its probably got the bug fixed in xdm in
1992/1993 and I'd guess not propagated into CDE by X/Open.

Root group itself isnt directly useful but it does mean the slightest
permission slip lets people do stuff they shouldnt and most distributions
out of the box do have stuff group root writeable somewhere.

Can folks shipping CDE login to CDE as a normal user and use id to
see if they get a list something like:

	uid=502(foo) gid=502(foo) groups=0(root),502(foo),0(root),503(bar)

and tell me what product/revisions are/are not affected

Alan