Re: Call for vote: Impeachment of the president [was: Re: new maintainers]

'Dominik Kubla wrote:'

>> The board is currently charged with "determining a framework for
>> decision making" in the form of a corporation that can act as an
>> umbrella under which the Debian Development Project can operate. The
>> board may be empowered by this framework to make policy decisions,
>> however, I would hope that that framework includes the membership
>> at-large in the decision making process. Currently the board has
>> given this power to Bruce when it pertains to the day to day
>> operation of the project.
>
>Which he said he has turned over to Dan Quinlan.  All this shifting of
>power is doing nothing but setting up smoke screens.  Who is
>responsible for what? And where does their responsibility end?  I am
>sick of this.

I'm doing my best (as I always have done) to completely ignore any
form of management.  I will try my best to do what I see fit
regardless of the stated positions of alleged "managers".  The only
thing worth managing is one's own time.

Dominik, I've found your criticism useful if perhaps a bit too
extreme.  Thank you for your contributions.

>As it seems right know, i am the only one who finds the situation
>unbearable and that leaves as only conclusion that i do no longer fit
>into the project.

Although I find the whole "management" thing unbearable.  I choose to
ignore them.  I would be disappointed to lose your constructive
criticism at this point in the project's evolution.  We definitely need
people to criticise the "managers".  Although I wouldn't follow through
on this impeachment thing, I think many aspects (but not all, of
course) of your sentiments are not unpopular.

>Therefore i do resign from all responsibilities i have and cease all
>activities within and for the project.  My last task will be a final
>upload of the kbd package to fix outstanding bugs and to deposite the
>current working tree of the web pages development in my homedirectory
>on master.  I have already sent mail to the list server removing me
>from all internal mailing lists of the project and requested from
>those in charge of master.debian.org that my account on master and my
>debian.org mail address shall be disabled.

Please reconsider.  I'm sorry that your values are causing some grief.
Many of the issues you have raised are important.  I'd especially like
to see a solution to the static vs. dynamic ext2fs libs problem that
satisfies everyone.  This technical problem doesn't have to be "closed"
by a closed bug report.  In fact, the correct solution may occur
outside the e2fsprogs package.  So I think closing the bug report
doesn't mean that the issues you raised are stamped out.  The
discussion of this issue can continue in debian-devel.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com, cjf@onit.net     |  Design Science Revolutionary