Re: Open letter to Martin Schulze

Dear Dirk!

Within a worldwide project, it should be no problem to have members
who have different or opposite oppinions.  As a result I can live with
the fact that you are a member, too.  You should be able to accept me,
too.

Concerning my outstanding bugs: I have given up maintainance of all
packages two weeks ago but haven't shown on debian-private/-devel.
Instead of maintaining it seems to me more important to react on
mailing lists and coordinate.  I have given away some packages as some
people were asking in private mail, so this isn't a desaster for
Debian.

Concering my deletion of mails: The most important lists
debian-private and debian-devel are high-traffic lists.  It is
impossible to follow them if you really can't afford 2 hours every
day.  This was the case ~1 year ago.

If there were important threads they should be summed up and written
down in our documentations.  This has been done.  So this should be no
problem.  Instead of deletion I could have unsubscribed myself, would
it be better?

Just see me as a new maintainer - it would be the same state of
knowledge.

Sometimes I'm out of sync, I admit.  Someone just has to tell me and
normally I'll stop complaining.

Dirk wrote:
| this.  Second, you have 39 outstanding bug messages. Don't you have more
| important stuff to do?  The project wouldn't be where it is now without

I have to define priorities.  If the debian project dies or runs into
a direction I cannot follow (and this is my fear as you can guess) it
is much much more important to keep on discussion important topics.
This time it is less important to maintain packages.

Just think of the time needed, god only gave us 24 hours, 8 of them
people are sleeping, only 16 left.  Most of us have to work (so do I),
most of us have to go shopping every now and then, make other
day-to-day work.

Only at the end comes the hobby.  This time is that important, it has
to be used for useful things, things that make fun.  Unfortunately
this isn't the case for Debian anymore.  I'm not sure why I'm still a
member I could have done much more things that were fun.  I'm even not
visiting my family to support Debian.

Yes I have more important stuff to do than maintaining stupid packages
that are only frustrating...

Dirk wrote:
| important stuff to do?  The project wouldn't be where it is now without
| Bruce.

I have never negated this!!!

But it seems to me that Bruce was the leader long enough.  He is
overstressed - he has admitted this himself.  This isn't a bad thing,
it's only natural.

	Regards

	Joey

--