Re: hot-site backup for master.debian.org

> On Mar 26, joost witteveen wrote
> > I like that. So, effectively we _have_ a democracy: If a majority
> > of maintainers/users dislike Bruce, they should just group together
> > and form a new distribution.
>
> nothing is so important, that its worth loosing one half of the
> developers and (i fear) ruin debian. whether or not it's bruce fault,
> debian will loose a large number of developers.

Well, at the moment _nobody_ said they were unsatisfied enough with
bruce to start a seperate distribution, so I don't think your
"half of the maintainers" estimate is anywhere close to accurate.

Furthermore, although I very much support Bruce's work, if there ever
were to be another seperate distribution, I'd try to work for both
(as long as that's possible).

--
joost witteveen     joostje@debian.org

I came, I saw, ..., well, it wasn't free so I left again. (LUA, 1988)