Re: maintainer of virtual package list missing

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:
> AFAIK Warwick HARVEY <warwick@cs.mu.oz.au> was maintaining the list of
> virtual package names so far.
>
> However, he seams to be busy right now (I saw on his web page that he is
> working on his Ph.D.).
>
> I sent him a mail on 16 Mar 1997 with no answer and asked about this on
> debian-devel on 29 Mar 1997. As the last message I found from him was from
> Jan 23 he probably isn't reading Debian mails now.
>
> Does someone know when he'll be back?
>
> I'm thinking of including his list in the new Policy Manual so I could
> easily maintain the list now. Does someone have any objections with this?

Sorry for not replying.  Yes, I'm rather busy with study right now, and this
is one of the many things I've been putting on the "deal with it later"
queue for far too long.  What little time I had for Debian went into just
trying to keep up with the mailing lists.  I fell behind with the lists, and
further behind; I unsubscribed from most, and am still falling behind...

I guess I just don't have the time, and it doesn't look like I will for
the forseeable future.

Feel free to take over maintenance of the list (there were a couple of
things that should have been added - I'll forward the relevant stuff to you
if you want).

And my account on master might as well be nuked...  There isn't anything
there, and with the list gone I have no reason to have it any more...

Sorry folks...

				Warwick

Warwick Harvey                                    email: warwick@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Department of Computer Science                        phone: +61-3-9344-9171
University of Melbourne                                 fax: +61-3-9348-1184
Parkville, Victoria, AUSTRALIA 3052     web: http://www.cs.mu.OZ.AU/~warwick