Buffer overflow in sperl5.003 (fwd)

There was some Mime-trouble, but I hope you get this ok.  I haven't tested
this myself.

----- Forwarded message from Murphy -----

>From owner-bugtraq@NETSPACE.ORG  Fri Apr 18 11:26:54 1997
Approved-By: aleph1@UNDERGROUND.ORG
Date:         Thu, 17 Apr 1997 14:11:09 -0700
Sender: Bugtraq List <BUGTRAQ@NETSPACE.ORG>
From: Murphy <jtmurphy@CRAY1.ECST.CSUCHICO.EDU>
Subject:      Buffer overflow in sperl5.003
To: BUGTRAQ@NETSPACE.ORG

 Its came to my attention that there is a buffer overflow bug in
sperl5.003 that will allow local users gain root access, if SUID root.
 The exploit and bug was made and brought to my attention by Willy Tarreau
(tarreau@aemiaif.ibp.fr).
 Attached is the source for the exploit. Since it requires some work to
be done to the compiled exploit (Stripping of 5 byte at the begining and
end of the binary), the precompiled Linux x86 exploit can be found at
http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~jtmurphy/localusers.html.

PS. Have a nice a day.

Jason T. Murphy |  Finger for PGP Public Key  | jtmurphy@ecst.csuchico.edu
  The Linux Security Home Page -> http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~jtmurphy
Security buff, Linux Freak, PC Tech @ Chico State, and all around nice guy.

[application/octet-stream is not supported, skipping...]

----- End of forwarded message from Murphy -----

--
Thomas Koenig, Thomas.Koenig@ciw.uni-karlsruhe.de, ig25@dkauni2.bitnet.
The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double