Re: Debian-private and people who are working on other distributions

> My opinion is that people who are working on other distributions should
> probably voluntarily remove themsleves from the debian-private
> subscription list. I see a pretty clear ethical conflict. Can I hear
> discussion on this, please?

Sorry, Bruce, but I don't agree.

Actually, I disagree with the whole idea behind debian-private anyways,
as I've said before.  The very existence of this list flies in the face
of 'openness'.  Running it like a little private club where you can kick
people out of it because of their other affiliations is even worse.

I'd still like to see it as a closed list for Debian developers (to keep
the signal-to-noise ratio down) -- but I'd really like to see a publicly
accessible archive of it.

Also, anyone who thinks the news on this list doesn't travel beyond this
list is probably not 'in touch' with reality.

Feel free to flame me for my opinions.  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim