Re: FreeLinux project

Well, it is quite clear that Bruce and Michael are ready to scale up to
some major throat ripping, and I have inadvertantly added fuel to the fire
by my use of the word "fascist".
I am compelled to reply here because this word is now being used to flag
the invective being splashed about, and, to quote from "The Princess
Bride"..."I don't think that word means what you think it means.".

First of all the word is spelled "fascist" not "facist" and has nothing to
do with face. In fact the definition that I get from my dictionary
contains words like; centralized, autocratic, and state controled. It is
my understanding, from my meager education, that fascism has nothing to do
with Dictatorship or Democracy or, for that matter, Anarchy. Any one of
these forms of government can be fascist and, from time to time, all known
forms have exhibited such tendancies from time to time.

I don't know what to say to you two that will get you to put away the
heavy artillary, but I will say: "If you are going to use words to
communicate, be sure that you are using the same definition that everyone
else is, or confusion will abound!".

Peace.

On Thu, 29 May 1997, Michael Neuffer wrote:

> --

Dwarf