Re: really rough first draft of release announcement

Bruce Perens:
> Can you work with Dale on that pre-upgrade script? I think it should
> reside in the binary-i386/base directory, because the files it uses
> are there.

I'm not really the person to work on this, I never actually ran into the
epochs problem myself and I don't know any of the details. I'll just pass
the ball to Dale.

Dale, my idea is that since people need to upgrade dpkg, etc before doing
the main upgrade, it'd be simpler and less intimidating to new users to
make a "pre-upgrade" script that does the dpkg upgrade, the --clear-avail,
and the other steps neccessary. Instead of listing all the steps in our
readme and announcement, we just tell people to run the script.

I think Guy already has the list of commands that need to be in the script,
all that remains in placing it somewhere on the ftp site and cd image and
modifying the documentation to mention it.

--
see shy jo