Re: FreeLinux project

> Perhaps there should be a standard way for other people to fix bugs
> in packages.  Since using the old source format or libc4 counts as a
> bug, you would be free to fix the package and upload a "correct"
> version.

Believe me, I am working on it.

> There is no use in being this pedantic.  There are some cases where warnings
> occur and cannot be easily avoided (most notably from source generated by
> other programs or preprocessor macros).  I try to write code that compiles
> without any warnings, but such is not always a reasonable possibility.

Notice I did say 'preferably' - I know some code doesn't build cleanly
with -Wall, but hell, we could at least try - a lot of the warnings I see
are easily (albeit tediously) fixed. Comparing pointers to 0 instead of
NULL, for example...

> Not every case can be tested.  There will always be states that cause
> problems and did not get detected before release.  Making general
> statement like this is not that far from "must have no bugs".

If it's the bloody kernel module support, then yes, it MUST not have any
bugs. This is a render-your-system-unbootable bug, dammit.

> Are these problems using "unstable" or "stable"?  We're trying to do what
> we can to minimize these problems for the official releases, but if you
> decide to track the unstable release, then you cannot expect everything
> to work perfectly all the time.

frozen, actually. I usually do run unstable, but I this time round don't
want to get caught up in libc6 issues until I've decided how I'm going to
physically implement my developer environment on my machine.

Jon.