Re: Versioning the closing of bug reports

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> On 2 Jun 1997, Mark Eichin wrote:
>
> > umm, at least as far as the web interface goes, both features are
> > *already* there.  I'd just missed the per-package list (since I just
> > hop to my "maintainer by name (Mark W. Eichin)" book mark :-)
>
> no, there's no search. there's a summary by package name link which
> lists all bugs sorted by package...currently a 239K file. That's too
> big. Its size and the time it takes to download discourages people from
> searching for existing bugs.

a short term sollution could be splitting this list up into several
files. One file for each package named packagename.html. After this
step there can be generated an index with links refering to these
files. It's not so flexible like a search, but it's faster. And you
can use wget and so to get copies from these files.

Bye
  Christian

--
Christian Leutloff, Aachen, Germany