Re: Social Contract [export laws]

alegre@saturn.superlink.net (Fernando) wrote:
> "This program can not be used in France"
>
> is acceptable, while this:

IMHO this, and the the other examples you came up with, are not acceptable in
the copyright or licence.

If this is written into the copyright, and France de-restricts their crypto
laws, then this would become a real, and discriminatory restriction.

The fact that there are local variations in the legal status of certain
software is something that can be mentioned in the readme.

Writing ``you should not break law XYZ'' into the copyright is redundant, and
if the law changes then is actually damaging.

Cheers, Phil.