Re:"Social Contract" [anti-trust]

From: Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>
> The use of Debian as a starting
> oint for other distributions is only useful if the other distribution can
> dvertise that it is using Debian.

My intent so far has been to restrict the words "Official" and "Debian"
together in a product name to be used only for exactly that data which
Debian releases as its official CD set, and only for the complete set,
not for the binary CD without source.

In addition, I would restrict the use of the "Debian" trademark in
certain malice-aforethought situations such as insertion of viruses,
time-bombs, deliberate damage to the system with intent to defame,
etc. It's a lot easier to get damages for a trademark violation than
it is for libelous action.

This is a lot less than BSD-style restriction.

	Thanks

Bruce Perens K6BP   bruce@pixar.com   510-215-3502
Finger bruce@master.debian.org for PGP public key.