Re: NCAR and Debian

> Maybe we could have a page on www.debian.org describing some of the
> situations in which Debian was successfully used.
>
> If everyone of us writes a short description then we could come up with
> quite a number of success stories I bet.

Currently, any newsworthy items I come across are added to the 'Latest News'
pages. If anyone has anything good to report on Debian, that is of general
interest, I'll be happy to include it.

If you send something, please avoid making sound like it came from the ad
department of a car company so I don't have to edit it. It is better to
let the merits of Debian stand on their own. If it is long and has links
I always appreciate it is already marked up to save me time :)

If someone wants to go ahead and make a Debian 'Success Stories' page,
I'll be happy to include it. Frankly, maintaining the pages takes
much more time than I would have thought so I'm not looking for more
work right now.

Oh, one more comment. Nothing against this idea, but people suggest new
pages too often. One of the reasons for the re-organization was because
the pages had become too disjoint. When suggesting a new page it would
be a good idea to think about how it would fit into the overall picture.

- Sue