Re: Old Diety page

> What was the last(some time ago) URL for the Diety page?

http://www.pisys.com/deity/

It hasn't changed much.  I'm quite interested in some dpkg enhancements
(particularily with regards to installing documentation, and source
packaging) - this document doesn't really explain how diety is
going to interface with dpkg.

Since the diety folks have a closed mailing list, it makes it tough
for the rest of us who are indirectly going to be affected by what
they decide.  I understand that they want to limit "noisy"
discussion (like the documentation discussion on debian-devel)
at such an early stage of development -- a good idea.

I'm just a bit concerned that they will come up with some major changes
to the packaging system, and attempt to introduce them a month
before 2.0 is released, without much public review.  A situation like
this will undoubtedly cause a multi-month delay.
(I might be wrong)

If we're planning on having diety in 2.0 (eta 3 months), that doesn't
leave the diety team much time to build consensus around their ideas,
and actually produce something.  If it's going to go into 2.0, something
should really be showing up in "experimental" within the next month.
That's essentially what I'm going to do with dwww.

If that places too much pressure on the diety team, maybe we should
designate 2.0 (eta 3 months) as the "glibc+dwww" release, and reserve
2.1 (eta 6 months) as the "diety" release.

Of course, if the diety team is much further along than what I can
guess - 2.0 is still reasonable.

If doesn't make sense to stress out the diety developers (unless,
of course, they enjoy that).  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim