Re: PKG PacKaGer update 2.2.11-7 release

Christoph Lameter <clameter@waterf.org> writes:
> dpkg is a constant source of frustration for me. Dpkg is again in a state
> where no one fixes important bugs. What is the ETA of deity?

Actually, I don't believe things are nearly so bad as all that.  The
actual situation is as follows:

About a month ago, I took a job working for Apple to do a particularly
high-pressure port of GDB for the upcoming Rhapsody release.  Also at
Apple, I met up with Gilbert Coville (the MkLinux manager), and began
working seriously on the Debian/PPC port, with the hope of beating the
Red Hat release date and converting the in-house MkLinux development
team over to Debian.

Since I was temporarily stuck with poor network connectivity to my
primary E-mail machine, and so that I would have more time to spend on
my programming work (both on Debian and on GDB), I temporarily stopped
reading the public Debian mailing lists, relying on the bug tracking
mechanism to keep me up-to-date.

Unfortunately, for some reason I have yet to determine, I haven't been
getting copies sent to me of bugs filed against dpkg sent to me, so I
didn't know of the problems until I started catching up on
debian-devel earlier this afternoon.  I'll be fixing the bugs and
uploading a point release shortly, with the next round of significant
changes scheduled for a couple of weeks from now.

I continue to welcome any patch files and other contributions people
might be willing to make to dpkg.  If anyone is looking for a way to
help, contact me and I'd be happy to suggest something.

Thanks,
 - Klee