Re: PKG PacKaGer update 2.2.11-7 release

On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:

>On Jul 7, Christoph Lameter wrote
>: That package manager is an improved RPM manager.
>:
>: dpkg is a constant source of frustration for me. Dpkg is again in a state
>: where no one fixes important bugs. What is the ETA of deity?
>:
>: This package manager would also allow better compatibility to
>: software floating around which was packaged using rpm. Maybe it could be
>: improved for debian?
>
>Probably you should start fixing bugs in dpkg, rather than
>issuing package after package built with debmake ;-)

I have submitted a couple of changes.

And debmake is depending on dpkg and not competing. debmake is basically
fixing stuff that I thought dpkg should provide for developers.

And my packaging of software has almost stopped since a couple of months
since I dont have much time anymore.