PC magazine article

Please check out <URL:http://www.min.net/~douglas/pcmag.html>; it looks like
a fair article, but there is one thing that might be reason for a short
letter:

|Linux is covered under the Free Software Foundation's GNU Project General
|Public License, which allows authors to hold copyright (Torvalds is the
|copyright owner of the Linux kernel) but also demands that all source code
|for the software be publicly available for massaging by other developers.
|Modified software can then be sold or given away by these developers, but
|they too must make the code available. This explains why commercial
|versions--Redhat and Debian, for example--are also available via download
|for free. Commercial Linux distributors make money by adding value--in the
|form of additional utilities--on their CD-ROM versions.  And many users
|would rather buy a CD-ROM than download a few hundred megabytes of files.

I'm not really sure if I should be happy or sad that we're perceived as
commercial :-)

Bruce, perhaps you could send them a clarification? (and Cc it to Douglas,
so it'll go on the web too).

Greetings,
Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.