Re: Security problem in old nfs-server versions (DFN-CERT#41511).

> create joint announcements (the way the Linux Security FAQ updates used
> to work?). Of course, I'd also want to include prominent security guys
> from the Linux community.  I'd volunteer to set up this list and handle
> subscriptions.

Actually, nothing changed in it - it is just that the distribution vendors (
except for Redhat and Debian ) stopped supplying _any_ information as
replies to bug reports.... This is why recent announcements were only about
Redhat ( Thanks Erik! ) and sometimes Debian (Yuk, you guys are getting as
slow as the rest)

Alex

Alex "Mr. Worf" Yuriev         Nationwide ISP Bandwidth:  [www.netaxs.net   ]
Net Access                     Outsourced News Reading:   [www.newsread.com ]
alex@{netaxs.com|yuriev.com}   Outsourced Shell Accounts: [shellaccounts.com]
   RIP is irrelevant. Spoofing is futile. Your routes will be aggregated.