Re: gnuplot

Bruce Perens wrote:

>Richard Stallman asked the "gnuplot" developers to explicitly allow
>distribution of modified binaries of their program, and they refused.

I'm one of the gnuplot developers (at least I maintain the FAQ, and they
put me into the CREDITS), and I am somewhat surprised at that statement.
The last item that was discussed on the gnuplot-beta mailing list was
rms's mail forwarded by David Denholm.

I'm attaching a mail which pretty much sums up the conclusions on the
gnuplot mailing list at the time.

I would suggest discussing this with info-gnuplot-beta@dartmouth.edu
directly before reaching any drastic conclusions.