Re: gated

From: "Boris D. Beletsky" <borik@isracom.co.il>
>  Bruce> If you sign a contract, please package the program for
>  Bruce> yourself or for something else than Debian. I would not want
>  Bruce> it to appear that you had signed the contract for Debian.
>
> Oh my, I am just proposing, why do you have to take things so hard?
> If you don't want something to happen could you at least describe
> _why_ you don't want that? I described my point of view...

I'm sorry - I didn't mean to sound severe in that particular posting.

We don't want to sign that contract for the project because we stand
for something that is in conflict with signing the contract. Thus, it
would indeed be more appropriate for you to sign the contract, and do
the distribution through this "supplementary CD" that Shaya is talking
about. It has to be understood that the supplementatry CD is not Debian,
but people can shrink-wrap it with Debian if they want.

Building the official CDs is no big deal. I just asked for mirrors and
got them, and I run the scripts and test the CD (you can do it on a disk
ISO filesystem if you don't want to write a real CD) and I upload it
(I use a Jaz disk to move the file to Pixar where they have good net
throughput) and people press it and sell it. They made the labels on their
own. I don't think a CD for nonfree stuff would be more difficult.

I think it's time for the people who want this stuff on CD to put their
money where their mouth is. Don't argue about it all day just because you
want _me_ to do the work - do it yourself!

	Thanks

Bruce Perens K6BP   bruce@pixar.com   510-215-3502
Finger bruce@master.debian.org for PGP public key.