Re: Debian needs a "mentor" for new maintainers

Vincent Renardias wrote:

> I think before volunteering, you should try to fix some of the ~40
> outstanding bugs reported on your 2 packages (mc & timezone)...
> That would also give a good example to follow for new maintainers. _(;

I knew his name sounded familiar.  "timezone" had a critical (IMHO) bug
that was keeping "bo" from being released.  Because he was unreachable
I fixed it so "bo" could be released (ver 7.55-2).  He is still the
maintainer.  Being the lazy bastard that I am, I never deleted the bugs.

So 7994, 8856, and 8929 are done.

Bug 8601 (suggesting that he use "dialog") might be a bad idea, given
the questionable status of ncurses...

Anyways, the whole timezone thing is moot, since the package is
depricated... "libc6" (hence hamm) uses a different package.

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu