Re: non-free/contrib package maintainers

> > > Asking each maintainer to unpack the source archives and send in the
> > > copyrights is basically just a duplication of effort with what they've
> > > already done with the /usr/doc/.../copyright file.
> >
> > Yeah, and if that file doesn't exist, you can request the licence
> > via the bug tracking system.
> >
> > Really, the /usr/doc/.../copyright file is the best we could come
> > up as "licence" in the first place. If I were to reply to you anthing
> > other than "mail aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu < /usr/doc/.../copyright", I
> > should probably change my debian sources, and modify that copyright file.
> >
> > And, just extracting all non-free .deb's and getting the copyright file
> > isn't all that big an efford, I'd say. One or two lines of bash should do it
> > (long lines, ok,..).
>
> Yes, and Jim already did that. The simple problem is is that in many of
> them I just find the following line:
> see file <...> for license description. (and alike)
>
> I don't think two long lines of shell script would get me that file
> along with /usr/doc/<package>/copyright

So, we've got another script for those packages: /usr/bin/bug.

As far as I remember, non-free pacakges really have to have
a complete licence (or am I wrong here?).

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org
#!/usr/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj