FWD: Linux certification

>Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 20:13:43 -0400
>From: "Jaron J. Rubenstein" <jaron@PSYTRONICS.COM>
>Subject: Re: Linux certification?

Wow! A whole lot of posts about this, yet NOBODY mentioned RedHat's
Certification program which is currently being developed. Anyway, RedHat
starting a mailing list (cons-forum) several months ago for just this
cause, and has been developing a standard of certification. The
certification program will start out to be fairly RedHat specific (which
shouldn't be a problem for most people since RedHat is the Linux dist. of
choice for many people on this list), but will cover mostly general
information. Future add-ons to the basic certification include server
administration and possibly other distributions.

Please note that all of
this is currently in the planning phase and NOTHING is in concrete. In
addition, aside from reading the list since its creation and planning on
getting certified, I have no personal attachment to this project. Check
out the following URL for more information.

        http://www.interweft.com.au/redhat/

(Note that it is not at RedHat's site because the project is currently
being handled by a third-party consultant for RedHat)... Hope this helps!

                                -Jaron

--
  Jaron Rubenstein  | Internet Consultant, CGI/Java/MS-Windows Programmer
     Consultant     |  Linux Expert ("Friends DON'T Let Friends Use DOS")