Re: anyone using a busmouse ?

On %M %N, Milan Zamazal wrote

>     AJ: crash a linux system with writing nonsense to /dev/psaux,
>     AJ: maybe this also affects other busmouse devices.
>
> I tried `cat /dev/urandom >/dev/psaux' several times for a while.  It
> doesn't crash the system but it locks a keyboard every time (it's even
> not possible to apply Ctrl-Alt-Del).

thanks for testing.
on my system "cat /dev/urandom > /dev/ttyS0" confused gpm and froze x11
(i had to press reset, because i have no other access to the pc).

good that it doesn't hurt much, but we should chmod all mouse devices to
600. gpm and x11 run as root, so they don't have problems with that.
(any other programm using mouse direct ? maybe some svga games, but
they also run as root).

andreas