Re: slowing down point releases

I find this whole discussion quite odd.  Are we really too fast?

1.3.x point releases don't really matter - they're going to just be
security releases, and such.  I've never seen Netscape delay a major
security fix because they don't want to upset their distributors.

Maybe the distributors that are concerned about shelf life can just say
that they are selling Debian 1.3.x and not mention the minor version
number.  Another possibility is we change our version numbering to
something like:  1.3.0.1, 1.3.0.2, 1.3.0.3, etc.

Their product will only become obsoleted when 2.0 comes out.  Based on
our past performances in getting releases out in a timely manner,
they will have lots of time for "shelf life."  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim