Question about Copyright

Hi,

I am the Debian maintainer of the package mc. I wrote a script to handle
Debian packages from within mc and set the copyright to

Copyright (C) 1997 Software in the Public Interest

This script got into the upstream package, which is copyrighted by the
Free Software Foundation and licensed under the GPL. I did not include any
license notice in my script because I assumed that since it was distributed
as part of the mc package it was under the GPL automatically.

Now the question. The main upstream developer of mc, Miguel de Icaza, asked
me if it is possible to change the copyright to the FSF. As I already passed
the copyright to SPI I wanted to check with the people here. My only concern is
that he wants me to sign some paper and send it to the FSF.

Since there are other cases in which SPI does not want to sign papers
(gated...) I wanted to ask if anybody objects to me doing that. I would sign
as Debian maintainer, not as a private party.

Thanks,
	Fernando