Re: Release-numbering change proposal

> People have to be able to purchase a stable and known product for more than
> two weeks running. Unfortunately, comsumers are conditioned to read the
> version numbers and to never buy "old software". This definitely hit our CD
> manufacturers between 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 - once 1.3.1 was announced, they had
> a difficult time selling 1.3.0 CDs.

It occurs to me that we should also not leave too long a gap between point
releases, since there will be a section of the market that will just buy a new
CD if a new release comes out, so a well timed point release would actually
increase sales for our CD manufacturers.

Is there any way that we could give the CD manufactures prior warning of an
upcoming point release, so they can run down their stocks ?

Cheers, Phil.