Re: Release of 1.3.2?

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >>"Syrus" == Syrus Nemat-Nasser <syrus@ucsd.edu> writes:
>
> Syrus> On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Alex Yukhimets wrote:
> >> I thought that making next point release with new CD image is worth
> >> when "updates" directory becomes too "full" to be able to download
> >> everything from there without big trouble.
>
> Syrus> I disagree.  As long as the updates are not considered to be
> Syrus> essential for security or stability, we should not make a point
> Syrus> release.  However, I don't want another extended discussion
> Syrus> about this on private.  I suggest that people either accept
> Syrus> Bruce's executive decision or request a vote of the interested
> Syrus> developers/maintainers.
>
>         See, *We* control the official CD images, we don't produce any
>  for point releases, official CD's are not replaced. We do need to
>  keep the deltas small.

This is exactly what I thought the original agreement was.  Keep close
control of what official images are and then release to your hearts
content on the points.  There would be no other competition of
"official" images and the vendors could say they have the "latest
official Debian images."

Could someone educate me on why this method _shouldn't_ satisfy a
vendor?

Thanx -- Greg.