md5sums

Hi there,

   Just a short question regarding the md5 sums generated
for each debian package.

   We maintain a Debian mirror (at coinet.com, actually) and
are concerned with how we can ensure the integrity of each
and every file on the ftp site using the current md5 mechanism.

   Basically, is there in place an automated method to verify
that integrity for such a large number of files?  From my
observation it would appear that the md5sum method in place
is primarily designed for the user when he/she downloads
individual packages rather than the mass checking of each
and every one on a regular basis.

   Naturally, other solutions to this exist.  I want to check
and be sure I'm not missing something here first though!

Thanks for your help,

Aaron Meehan