Re: moving "contrib" and "non-free" out from under "dists/unstable".

contrib is definitely a part of Debian proper.  It is free software
according to the DFSG, and it will be included on the official CD.
Your comments do apply to non-free though.

We do need stable and unstable versions of contrib & non-free because
otherwise they quickly become useless for users who track stable.
Putting the directories where they are now was the simplest way to do
this.

I'll put a README in hamm/ which explains the relevant policy.  I'll
expliticly say that non-free is not an official part of Debian as it's
not free software.

Brian - this relates to your recent request to change the Section of
non-free packages from 'non-free/foo' to 'foo', which I disagreed
with.  It should be eminent to the user that she's not installing free
software.

btw, this probably need not be on debian-private.

Guy