Re: Can I interest anyone in RPM?

Super-User wrote:

> 'Greg Vence wrote:'
> > Hey, are you now trying to drum up support for Diety? ;)
>
> From: Chris Fearnley <cjf@netaxs.com>
> > I wouldn't be surprised.
>
> You guys have expressed your confidence that our way of doing things
> is
> _still_ better - don't expect me to stop checking that. I hope you all
> know we can't afford to stand still on this issue.

Of course we cann't.  Instead of trying to _adopt_ their standard, why
not adapt ours?  Isn't that what they did?  Wasn't Debian first to
market with usable dependancies?  Now don't they have that too?

We need to add the cool features to our packaging system.  That was what
Diety was about.  Wasn't Dieties mission to surpass the current
functionality by adding support for Net Admin types?

On the technical side, it seems that our system is easier to extend.
Also, with more maintainers than RH or SW could afford, we should be
able to respond a little faster even with a few non-maintainer updates.
:)

Bruce, thanx for the leadership, you dictator. :)

L8r -- Greg.
--
What do you want to spend today?
Debian GNU/Linux  (Free for an UNLIMITED time)