Re: Security web page

Christian Hudon writes:
> On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> > Bruce Perens writes:
> > > I'm told that the security folks are on vacation or busy, and the security
> > > web page is not being maintained at the moment. Can someone take this on
> > > temporarily?
> >
> > Is this still the case?  If so I'll step forward but please feed me with
> > appropriate input then.
>
> Well, yes and no.

Ok, then let's see what we can arrange.

> As you know, I (only) have email access. So I had worked out an arrangment
> with Sue whereas I would send her updates to the security webpage and she
> would include them in the page. But, as I figured out later, it's just
> about impossible to do this job without telnet/ssh access to master. I
> need to be able to see the contents of various directories (what's in
> Incoming, in bo-updates, etc.), read changelogs, use dpkg to figure out
> what the latest version of a given package is, etc. So I can't really do a
> good job from here. I'm still reading bugtraq and linux-security, so I can
> forward stuff to security@debian.org and prod people through email, but
> that's about it. So it'd be great if you (or someone else) could take up
> maintenance of the security web page. If you have any questions, etc.  I'm
> reachable by email at the usual chrish@debian.org (no need to remember the
> ugly address at the top of this message).

I'm happy that you're still trying to check the security of Debian.

If you need contents of directories I could install some freaking
cronjobs on master that sends you the contents via mail.

If you need contents of some files of some packages I could extract
and send them to you.

Maintaining the webpage is no problem for me.  If so I'll make it
db-based and auto-generate.

There's another thing I could try do.  I have some friends in Berlin
who work at or with some computer rooms in some of the universities.
I think I could arrange that you could get an account on one of these
machines from which you could use telnet.

Could you tell me in private email in which part of Berlin you're
living?  Streetname and number should be enough.  So we could figure
out which computer room is next to you.

Of cource, only if you want me to try this.  For us it's not a problem
trying this so don't hesitate asking me.

Regards

	Joey

 / Germany.Net ist vergleichbar mit einem Telefon                /
/          ohne Waehlscheibe und Klingel... -- Lutz Donnerhacke /