Re: Security flaw in Count.cgi (wwwcount) (fwd)

Hi,

Andreas Jellinghaus brought this to my attention earlier this weekend and
I've looked into it.  I believe we are not vulnerable as the location of
the digits directory is hard-coded into wwwcount.cgi as
/usr/lib/wwwcount/digits and the program checks to see it is only this
directory being accessed.  I was not able to replicate the exploit
mentioned but I am not an expert in these matters so I invite others to
try.  Tomorrow I will confer with the upstream author to see what he has
to say about it.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@braincells.com>
I got engaged! See the pictures ==> http://www.braincells.com/jaldhar/sagpan