Re: L0pht Advisory: IMAP4rev1 imapd server (fwd)

Why not?  I think it is really overkill to make it hard for somebody
to turn on core dumps.  A configuration option in the kernel would be
fine, defaulting to have core dumps turned off in this situation.

bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens) writes:

> From: "Magossa'nyi A'rpa'd" <mag@bunuel.tii.matav.hu>
> > Those are situations obscure enough to say: Enable core dumps for your
> > development machine.
>
> Yes, it's one of those situations where it's nice to be able to hack the
> kernel source. I really don't want to make it _easy_ for people to turn
> that particular feature on.
>
> 	Thanks
>
> 	Bruce
> --
> Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
> Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html
> Bruce Perens K6BP   bruce@debian.org   NEW PHONE NUMBER: 510-620-3502
>

> --

John Goerzen          | Running Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    | Debian GNU/Linux is a free replacement for
jgoerzen@complete.org | DOS/Windows -- check it out at www.debian.org.
Notice: You may purchase the right to send me unsolicited commercial e-mail
("spam") for the fee of $500 (USD) per message.  Billing can be either
pre-arranged or can occur automatically after the reception of a spam.
Failure to pay will be treated in accordance to US Code, title 47, sec. 227,
which allows unsolicited e-mail to be punishable by action to recover actual
monetary loss or $500, whichever is greater, per violation.  Sending spam
to me without payment constitutes unauthorized access to my mail daemon,
which is in violation of federal law.