Re: Maintainer of the Packages made Debian JP Project

yosiaki@debian.org writes:

> From: bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens)
>
> bruce> I think there are two kinds of JP packages:
> bruce>
> bruce> 	1. Packages that work together with the English ones.
> bruce> 	2. Packages that replace English packages of the same name.
> bruce>
> bruce> How many packages are there of each kind?

> There is 155 JP packages now.
> The package belong to first type is about 70.
> The package belong to second type is about 80.

Yochi: Do the packages of the second type have the _same_ name as the
English packages or do the names end in "-ja"?

Bruce: If you want, you can look at "ftp.debian.jp.or:/pub/linux/debian-ja"
to see what kind of packages they have.  In the hamm directory I don't
see any packages with the same name as english packages...

> I think that the first type packages should put on standard
> directories with the other packages, and the second type packages
> shuold put on made special directories for JP packages.
> Or I think that all JP packages can put on standard directories
> with other packages.

> Which is way best?

> Are the directories for JP packages made as follow?

> 	/debian/hamm/hamm
> 		     contrib
> 		     non-free
> 		     hamm-jp/binary/base <-- for JP packages

This is a good idea _if_ we want to keep the Japanese specific packages
seperate.  Does anyone have an opinion here?

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu