Re: The "free software community" does not include Linus

In article <Pine.SUN.3.95.971102221849.2745A-100000@garcia.efn.org> you wrote:

: Maybe someone ought to write about free software...

My other serious free-time-consumer is building amateur satellites.  For the
recent AMSAT-NA annual meeting, I submitted and presented a brief paper
entitled "How the Internet and Free Software Help AMSAT".  It was sort of
a delayed knee-jerk reaction to some pronouncements by old-timer higher-ups
in AMSAT who clearly didn't understand what free software is about.  The paper
was very well received, and was presented early in the morning on a day that
featured several talks on interesting software developments by AMSAT members,
each of whom felt compelled to articulate the freeness of their work in
greater detail than they might have otherwise... :-)

I suspect the paper is of little or no value outside of the intended audience,
but I thought I'd point out that it's not hard to find occasions to "spread
the gospel" a bit during the rest of our non-Debian activities.

Anyone who is curious about how we build satellites in our basements and
garages, feel free to troll around www.amsat.org... the stuff I'm currently
working on starts at

	http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sats/phase3d.html

Bdale