Re: giving money to gnome

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> > 		GIVE THE MONEY TO GTK!
> >
> > 		GNOME ISN'T A REPLACEMENT FOR QT, IT JUST USES A
> > 		FREE QT REPLACEMENT.
>
> But giving the money to GTK won't make KDE change over to GTK,
> so we still won't have a free KDE, which is what you want, isn't it?
> Look, one way or another we want a GPL desktop. Giving money to GNOME/GTK
> will produce one. Giving money to KDE won't help because they aren't
> interested in fixing the Qt problem.

I vote we give the money to GTK for one reason, the name.

	Gimp ToolKit
	^^^^

When was the last time any of you guys used the Gimp?  It is freakin'
awesome!  I have been playing with it in for the past couple of days in my
spare time and am floored by the potential.  The connection GTK has to
gimp simply tells me this: GTK is going to be pretty cool also!  And I
always like sometthing that works so well.

And hey!  GTK is 100% unadulterated free.  (And I _know_ we like that...)

So, why not, instead of argueing forever, democratically come to a
decision about what we are going to do here.

Each side come up with specific reasonable suggestions, and then we will
take a vote!

			Paul J Thompson

ps.  If anyone wants to, go look at my homepage.  It is really boring but
it has some pictures I have made with the Gimp on it.  Plus, I'd love to
actually have someone visit it besides me!  :-)

	http://thomppj.student.okstate.edu/~thomppj

thanks!