Re: [Fwd: is kde enough free?]

From: Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>
> I suspect that the existance of the Troll Tech license is what keeps them
> from declaring support for any replacement (free or otherwise) to Qt. The
> fact that they say that they would use a replacement is more encouraging
> than silence given that more encouraging statements may not be possible
> within their contractual agreements.

Huh?

As far as I am aware they do not have any contract.
Also, I don't think they did say they would use a replacement. All they
said was "if you write one please get in touch with us". That is hardly
a show of support.

> We should view the KDE developers as several of the victims in this
> situation, rather than grouping them with the perp's.

Yes, definitely, but rather than victims, I'd call them "dupes". And they
may well have graduated to "willing dupe" status. I'd not say this if they
showed any willingness to support a solution to the problem.

	Thanks

	Bruce

Definition for the non-native-English speakers.

dupe
   vt, to make a dupe of: DECEIVE
 -- dup.er, n
Synonyms: i[syn] DUPE, GULL, TRICK, HOAX mean
   to deceive by underhanded means. DUPE suggests unwariness in the
   person deluded; GULL stresses credulousness or readiness to be
   imposed on (as through greed) on the part of the victim; TRICK
   implies an intent to delude by means of a ruse or fraud but does not
   always imply a vicious intent; HOAX often applies to a tricking
   merely for fun or with the aim of demonstrating the extent of human
   gullibility; HOAX often implies, also, an elaborate or
   painstaking imposture

--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html